A major component of the ACC700 course is the group assignment. All students in ACC700 have to form groups with members drawn from your lecture group. Groups can be a minimum of three (3) students and a maximum of four (4) students. If you are not currently in a group by week 6, please see your tutor urgently.
Group Assignment Topic & Due Date
Please read the following economist article that is attached at the end of this instruction paper: “The Future of Jobs The onrushing wave Previous technological innovation has always delivered more long-run employment, not less. But things can change” The Economist 18th January 2014.
The article said that the accounting field in particular is highly susceptible to automation in the near future and implied that accounting jobs disappear because of future technological innovation such as automated computer software, artificial intelligence, etc.
Each group is required to prepare report regarding:
What and how does future technological innovation such as artificial intelligence and accounting software automation impact on accountant skills, ethics and career opportunities associated with various accountant designations in future?
Your group will be assessed on three aspects of the assignment:
• Final report of your group: 3,000 words plus or minus 20%, excluding Job Advertisements and Group Work Activity Report;
• Group Work Activity Report including group meeting minutes: around 750 words plus or minus 20%, excluding group meeting minutes (5%); and
• Group presentation based on group assignment: (5%).
The final report with group work report is due by week 11.
Final Report (10%)
The final report of the group should use an appropriate business report format and should include:
1. A title page; include all group member full name and student number
2. A table of contents (Times new Roman 14 point);
3. Introduction (Times new Roman 12 point);
4. Appropriate topic headings (Times new Roman 14 point);
5. A detailed description on (Times new Roman 12 point):
a. What your group have research about current and future technology, accountant skills and ethics and career opportunities for those who pursue accounting careers?
b. What information has surprised your group ?
c. The technology, the accountant skills, the ethics and the career opportunities your group have researched may reflect an Australian viewpoint. Choose a country that members of your group may have an interest in, or knowledge about. Briefly discuss what aspects of the technology, the accountant skills, the ethics the career opportunities would have to be considered and what changes/adaptations your group might need to make.
d. What is your group opinion on the value of studying/taking accounting courses?
6. Conclusion or recommendation (Times new Roman 12 point);
7. Reference (Times new Roman 11 point);
a. At least 12 accounting job advertisements related to accountant or this assignment
b. Group Work Activity Report where at least 3 Group Meeting Minutes should be attached.
To identify current required accountant skills and current career opportunities associated with various accountant designations,
1. Find at least 12 accounting job advertisements advertised after 21st November 2016 from www.seek.com.au www.careerone.com.au r www.gumtree.com.au or other job advertisement WEB sites and analyse them in your final report.
2. Print the above job advertisements in KOI printing facilities that enable to identify the printing dates.
3. Attach the printed Job Advertisements as an appendix
To identify the current ethics, please visit the following WEB site.
The post WHAT AND HOW DOES FUTURE TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION SUCH AS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE AUTOMATION IMPACT ON ACCOUNTANT SKILLS, ETHICS AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES ASSOCIATED WITH VARIOUS ACCOUNTANT DESIGNATIONS IN FUTURE? appeared first on Nursing Research Essays.